Monday 6 January 2014

Photoshoot Planning


What emotional impact do you want your photography do have upon the reader and how will you achieve this?
When a reader looks at my front cover, I want them instantly to be able to identify that my magazine is a rock-based magazine. In addition, I would like the reader to be able to identify the purpose and audience of my magazine. I would want the readers to be able to recognise that the magazine is a music magazine aimed at rock fans. In order to achieve this, I will take into account the colour scheme I use - making sure it is appreciated by my target audience.

What personnel do you need? Who are you going to photograph?
I will be photographing close friends from both outside college and in my photography class. My main images for my article will be of my close friend posing as Dannika from Evarose. My friend will also be my main image on my front cover. My photography classmates will be used for photos in my contents page. I have photographed these people before so I know that the photos will work well.

What props will you need?
For my props, I may need a musical instrument - such as a Guitar or Bass. I may also use drumsticks and guitar picks. For my indoor shoot, I will need a backdrop in order for colour on clothing to stand out. I may also a chair or stool. When doing outdoor shoots, I will use the sky and trees as my backdrop.

How are you going to emphasise colour?
Colour will be emphasised by using a white backdrop (if available) so that clothing colours do not blend in with the background. I may also use black and white photos to emphasis on detail such as makeup and shadows.

Have you briefed your personnel/models?
I have asked and received permission from my friends to take and use photos of them in my magazine. I am yet to discuss what makeup I may require they wear. Any props that I have decided to use (such as instruments) I have access to. I have explained to my models what I aim to achieve when taking photos of them.

What lighting will you need? Any other equipment?
If I get access to the photography studio, I will need lights such as Flash lights and Soft Boxes. If I do an outside photo shoot, I will use natural lighting; if some areas are dark, I will use Photoshop to correctly expose them. I will not require a tri-pod as I will be taking images freehand.

Where will you shoot? Will you need a backdrop?
I plan to shoot both indoors and outdoors to gain a variety of images to choose from. When shooting indoors, I will need some form of white backdrop to emphasise on clothing colours. When shooting outdoors, I will find a suitable location with a natural backdrop.

Mise-en-scene - Make-up? Costumes? Props?
I will require my female models to wear makeup such as eyeliner with the rest of the face very neutral to emphasise on the dark eyeliner. Costumes will be casual clothing - such as band shirts. The use of band shirts will emphasise on my specific Genre. Props will include musical instruments and chairs/stools.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment