Monday 6 January 2014

Photoshoot Location


Are there any potential hazards that could pose a health and safety risk where your photo shoot will take place (trailing cables/traffic/other objects )? What will you do to ensure these risks are minimised?
When in the photography studio, it is important that whenever flashlights or soft boxes are being used that wires are wrapped around the stand so that cables aren't trailing which could be a trip hazard. In addition, if it isn't possible to wrap the cable around the stand, masking tape can be used to keep the wires down. When doing outdoor shoots, traffic and pedestrians could cause risk if in a busy area. To avoid this, I will use an area that is, if possible, isolated.

Will the time of day/weather affect the outcome of the photos? Have you allowed for this?
When shooting outside, the weather may affect the lighting in the photos - cloudy days may make photos look dull. In addition, sunny days may cast too many shadows on the model. As the weather may be a factor that will reduce the outcome of my photos, I will check the weather forecast prior to days that I plan to shoot outdoors. In the worst case scenario, I may have to use all indoor photos.

Have you considered the background to your photos, particularly if taken outside? How will you ensure you will get the background you want?
Some photos I have decided to have a blank background to emphasise on details such as clothing and hair - this will be done with a white backdrop. On outdoor photoshoots, I will use locations that I feel would make good backgrounds in my photos - such a trees. To get my required background I will, prior to the photoshoot, go out and find areas that I could possibly use.

Have you considered lighting? What about the ‘problems’ of natural lighting, either outside, or streaming through a window? Will you need to use a flash? Have you considered reflective objects that might spoil the effect?
When working in the studio, I have considered using a flash light or softbox with a flash linked up to the camera. Placing lights in the correct position will ensure an even light on the model and backdrop. When shooting outside, I may use the flash on the camera to create as even as possible light on the model - especially if it is a dull day. I will avoid taking photos near reflective objects as they will bounce the light and most likely intensify the light in certain areas of the photo. If lighting isn't completely how I'd like, I will use photoshop to get the lighting how I want it.

Do you need permission to take photos in the place/venue you have in mind?
To shoot in the photography studio, I will need permission from a member of staff to ensure the studio is free. As for outdoor areas, the areas I have in mind, I do not require permission to take photos of.

Do you need to book time in a room (eg the photography studio)?
I will need to book time in the photography studio by contacting a member of staff. Alternatively, if I have finished my work in a photography lesson, I may be able to use that time to take photos.

Are other people/crowds likely to be an issue for you? What have you done to ensure that it will not spoil the effect?
Crowds will only be an issue when shooting outdoors. I will stop this from happening by choosing an isolated area.

Are you reliant on lifts/props/friends’ equipment/models? How have you planned that these things will come together at the appointed time? Plan B? I am extremely reliant on my model and will need to plan at least a week - if not two - ahead of when I require my model to ensure they turn up. I will make sure that my model knows the importance of their attendance. My plan B would be to use my photography classmates as my main models.

Finally, have you thought of every eventuality…?
Regarding my photography, I have planned everything that I hope to achieve.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment