Tuesday 22 October 2013

Preliminary Task - Front Cover and Contents

For my Preliminary Task, I have created a Front Cover and Contents Page for a College Magazine on Microsoft Publisher.
 
Front Cover
 
 
 
 
Contents Page



 
 Evaluation:
 
 Strengths: For my magazine, I took appropriate images from around the college for on both my front cover and contents page which I will also do for my next magazine. I have also used key conventions usually found in a magazine which makes the magazine look more professional. My target audience was college students, therefore I used coverlines and stories that I feel would be relevant to them/interest them. When making the magazine, I tried to use a variety of colours which proves affective for the target audience, however, for my music magazine this will be used but to a toned down extent due to the audience.

Weaknesses/Improvements: The fonts that I used are too 'plain' and by using different/more aesthetically pleasing fonts which will overall improve the look of my magazine - along with draw everything together instead of making it look out of place. In parts I have consistent use of capital letters and in other parts I have not; therefore, I need to make my use of capital letters consistent to make the magazine look more professional. In addition to using different fonts, for my contents page I could add text over the images to draw everything in together.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Abbie, you have completed the preliminary task and have used my written feedback and your own evaluation of your work to identify strengths and areas for improvement for the construction of your main task. Well done!

    ReplyDelete