Thursday 13 March 2014

Article

This is my article:

DANNIKA WEBBER may be new to the magazine,
but she isn’t new to the music industry. But even in
this day, she informs us that being a woman in the
rock industry can be tough at times...
EVAROSE are only one of many
 all-girl rock bands, formed in the
past few years. We caught up with
vocalist DANNIKA to find out whether
being a woman in the rock industry
is still as tough as it has always been...

When did you decide that you wanted
to be in the music industry?
“It was never just a sudden decision
to become a rockstar, I’ve wanted to
be one for as long as I can remember.”

Did your parents have any influence
on your decision?
“My parents would play me a lot of
classic rock music as a child. My
childhood was hearing my parents
play Queen and other older bands.
If it wasn’t for my parents, I wouldn’t
have discovered the bands
influence me now.”

Were your parents supportive
of your decision to become
a rockstar.?
“I was lucky that my parents
were very supportive of my decision.
My parents are my biggest fans.”

Who are your curent influences?
“My influences are what everyone
 is listening to right now.I listen
to a lot of modern rock.
Bands such as The Used, My
Chemical Romance, Taking Back
Sunday, etc are my current
favourites.”

Have you found that your gender
has affected the way people look
at your band?
“Being in an all-girl rock band is
tough. But we’ve been incredibly
lucky that our fans have stuck
with us no matter what. We’ve
only ever encountered sexist
hate over the internet. But let’s
be honest - sending hate over the
internet is childish. You can only
laugh.”

Was there a particular moment
in your career when you knew
that, as a band, you had made it?
“Hearing our fans sing the lyrics
back to us was a special moment.
Although, nothing beats the feeling of the first night of our first ever
headline tour. At that moment, we
all looked at eachother and were
all thinking the same thing.
Knowing that we’ve built up a
big enough fanbase to have
our own headline tour is
such an amazing feeling.”

What are the plans for the future
of Evarose?
“We’re currently writing and
recording our first full-length
album which is exciting. It’s hard
to tell what is in the future for
Evarose, but we love what we do
and can only hope that our first
album is not our last.
We’re really excited to be
looking into touring beyond the
U.K and meeting as many of our
fans as possible. We love our
fans!”
The EPs “Creation Divide” and
“Elements” can be found on
ITunes.
www.facebook.com/evaroseband
www.youtube.com/user/Evaroseband

No comments:

Post a Comment